Or pushed out of my mind from time to time! It goes back to softening, doesn’t it? This week I have been practicing this after writing and reading your comments and other forms of contact. I’ll give you a little glimpse:
- I finished reading a book for pleasure, let myself read more of the newest issue of Taproot (I read it slowly to make it last), and started a new book on my own and one with L1.
- I finally finished the main knitting on my Neko dress that I started in February. It had a nice soak and block. I’ll start seaming it soon.
- I am *almost* finished with the first quarter of a tank top I have been making for myself from Alabama Studio Sewing and Design. It’s been a long time in progress as I’ve made the stencil, traced the patterns, cut the fabric, stenciled the fabric, basted arm & neck holes and am finally stenciling it. It’s for a family photoshoot at the beginning of July so I need to keep at it.
- I had a morning with a friend I haven’t see in over six months. It was lovely to catch up with each other.
- I walked with another friend along one of my favorite paths and got to see the view I love in all seasons. Jasper the dog enjoyed our walk with us and went for a swim.
And so it goes. At teacher training this past weekend my teachers talked about how some of us are so willing to give, give, give all the time but we have such a hard time receiving and that we need to do both to be balanced. I think this week was a good hands-on lesson in that for me.
life is a gift, and i try to respond with grace and courtesy. –Maya Angelou